AFL 9'S at Kingsway Reserve
- Thursday, 30 January 2014
Registrations heating up for Summer AFL 9s at Kingsway Reserve
What better way to fulfil your new year’s fitness resolution than to sign up for the Cadbury AFL 9s Summer season, kicking off on February 10.
Cadbury AFL 9s is the Australian Football League’s fun, fast and exciting alternative version of the game.
It’s a great way to have fun with your friends playing a modified version of the traditional game in mixed, men’s, ladies and youth competitions.
It’s a little bit different to the traditional game. Some of the key differences with AFL 9s include:
- It’s 9 a side on a smaller field with three zones
- Players must start in their zones but can then run anywhere
- Forwards are the only players permitted to score but players rotate between positions throughout the game
- In mixed competitions males score 6 points for a goal whereas females score 9 points
- There is no tackling, it’s ‘touch football’.
- A mark is awarded irrespective of the distance the ball has travelled.
- If the ball hits the ground it is an automatic turnover.